Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And so this is Christmas...

(she sings in best 80's pop icon voice), "and what have you done..." hmm, lets see, run round like a mad thing would sum it up quite nicely.

Yay for Christmas Eve Eve daycare this morning as I was able to frantically wrap the last of the pressies and stash them beneath beach towels in the back most part of the boot of the Porshe. And by Porshe I mean Audi A6 station wagon, and by Audi A6 station wagon I mean white, dusty, cob webby Toyota Camry circa 1997. (But dreams are free of course).

I'm now in the midst of washing those last few 'must have' clothes, you know, the favorite pirate t-shirt, the dinosaur pj's, the very cute but highly impractical girly dress for lil miss to wear Christmas day so she'll look way cute in the family Christmas day snap shot - and so what if it's covered in turkey & cranberry sauce by the time the Kodak moment takes place, at least I can say I tried.

And speaking of Kodak moments. A very proud mummy moment last night when I took the boy to meet the man in the jolly red suit himself. Not being the most confident of kids, I was convinced that his 21st photo board would be sans Santa photo, but in a strange turn of events, he rocked right up to Santa, spoke very clearly about what he would like, and advised even more clearly how good of a boy he'd been this year. So with a week to go until his 4th birhtday, he managed to leap this huge hurdle that often even the most outgoing children struggle to do. So yay for him, and yay for Kodak moments.

What more to say at this time of year. Peace, Goodwill & Merry Christmas - or will it be Maori Christmas, I think we're having a hangi!

No comments: